About CES VŠEM
Design of research and pedagogical activities
The Centre for Economic Studies is an independent research facility of the University of Economics and Management, where the research and pedagogical activities are designed.
In 2013, CES was included in the list of research organizations complying with the legal criteria (Act No. 130/2002 Coll.).
- Founded with the awareness of the importance of research activities for the development of educational activities at an internationally comparable professional level.
- In its activities, CES is based on the role of research in strengthening the growth potential and competitiveness of the economies.
- Almost 20 years’ history of EU grants and projects in R&D and Social projects, cohesion, education and upskilling of cross-national beneficiates, teachers, students, start-ups, social entrepreneurs and youth.
The CES is able to cooperate in the following actions:
- Mentorship and training actions for young people in the fields related to the priorities of the call, such as staff exchanges, workshops, seminars, capacity-building actions, train-the-trainers events, and the promotion and dissemination of existing as well as development of new innovative online training tools or other training modules.
- Actions aiming at the creation and improving of networks/partnerships among key stakeholders (among others, policy makers, youth organisations, social enterprises, financial intermediaries, international donors), mutual learning, cooperation, awareness-raising and dissemination activities, such as (i) the identification of, and exchanges on, good practices, innovative approaches and experiences; (ii) the organisation of peer reviews and mutual learning; (iii) the organisation of workshops, study visits, seminars, conferences.
- Establishment and up-scaling of relevant competence development and/or business support structures (e. g. hubs, incubators, accelerators, labs, universities, research centres, etc.), including through financial support to third parties.
Possible activities organized and led by CES
- Project leadership, management and administration
- Training and mentorship activities
- Monitoring and expert evaluation, peer reviews
- Staff members, skilled teachers and trainers in social entrepreneurship, social competences and democracy principles, EU integration and principles
- Software and new technology training
- Organization of peer reviews and mutual learning
- Creation of methodologies, learning hubs and books of best practice
- Education and training of youth men and women, NEETs, teachers and trainers
- Own start-up centre, accelerator and hub
- Research and publishing activities
- Organization of workshops, conferences, courses online and in-person